But that is not all. We believe that in order to arouse emotions it is essential to patiently listen to what the land tells us. Our passion has been handed down from generation to generation; a common thread has brought together all those who have dedicated their skills, time and effort for 50 years.
Time and dedication mark the transformation stages of a bunch of grapes, which is hand-picked with great care and respect, since wine primarily depends on the vineyard. All processes from gentle pressing to temperature-controlled vinification and a long period of aging on fine lees is carried out with the minimum use of sulphites. We believe that wine obtained by this method plays an important role in satisfying our consumers, since quality is our starting point and our passion drives us beyond.. We always like to look one step ahead, without forgetting our roots. Without a doubt, wine is tradition but also innovation.
All this has led us to pursue sensory experiences that are able to surprise, with unique interpretations of flavours that are deep-rooted in the territory of origin. The final outcome can be described in a few essential words: agreeable, pleasant, strong personality, elegant and refined.
The goal is to:
• 2008 Planting new vineyards after careful analysis of the physical and chemical characteristics of the soil. The winery opted for grape varieties, clones and rootstock that ensure the best expression of the terroir and the greatest possible adaptation of the vine variety to the environment. This goal was also pursued by reducing the nutrient intake to the vineyard (fertilizers), establishing a greater balance between the vineyard and the natural resources available.
• 2011 The winery adopted a system for distributing plant protection products in order to totally recover products that do not reach the target. Any air or ground pollution from the products used for protection is eliminated.
• 2013 The winery became part of the Unione Italiana Vini (Italian Wine Union) Tergeo project. It complies with the protection measures laid down by the integrated production regulations of the regions of Veneto and Friuli concerning the sustainable use of pesticides, with the exception of certain active ingredients such as Mancozeb and Folpet (Directive 2009/128 EC).
• We recycle vineyard by-products and use them in the production cycle: vine branches from winter pruning and pomace from grape processing are transformed into compost and distributed throughout the vineyard in autumn. This enables ertilizers to be reduced by a third and the re-integration of more than 50% of the organic substances used in the annual production cycle.
• We mechanically work the soils in order to preserve their structure and maintain a hospitable environment for root systems.
• We only pick our grapes when they are fully ripe to minimise any intervention in the vinification stages that follow.
• As a result the use of sulphur dioxide has been reduced in the fermentation stage, with a focus on native yeasts and further enhancing the potential of the grapes.
We are committed to preserving the characteristics of the terroir and enhancing the features of production. We believe in lower-impact vine-growing that is more “agronomic”, based on harmonious interaction with nature while respecting future generations.