Gianduia chocolate drops
with sour black cherries
180g Gianduia chocolate, 4 eggs, 4dl fresh cream, 90g sugar, 12g leaf gelatin, 200g dark chocolate, 300g sour cherries in syrup, 2dl milk.
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until frothy and pour into the hot milk, and then cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the Gianduia chocolate to the gelatin and leave it to cool, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Mix them very slowly into the chocolate mixture and then add the whipped cream. Put it in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie at 40-50°C and form “drops” using strips of greaseproof paper.
5. Leave it to harden, fill with the mousse and put it to harden in the freezer for 1 hour.
6. Remove the greaseproof paper from the chocolate. Serve with sour black cherries and dollops of whipped cream.