Hot pastry puff
with apples, cinnamon and vanilla sauce
500g puff pastry for cakes, 6-7 apples, 50g butter, 150g sugar, powdered cinnamon, 1 egg yolk. For the sauce: 2dl milk, 1 egg, 80g sugar, 7g potato starch, vanilla.
1. Peel the apples, cut them into slices and sauté them in a pan with the butter, sugar and cinnamon for 10 minutes, stirring all the time. Then leave to cool.
2. Roll out the pastry to 2-3mm think. Make some rounds 12cm in diameter, brush the edges with egg yolk, fill the centre with a spoonful of apple and close them into a half moon shape.
3. Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Boil the milk with the vanilla. Beat the egg well with the sugar and potato starch and then add to the milk. Cook for 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
5. Pour the hot vanilla sauce onto dessert dishes and garnish with chocolate flakes. Take the pastry puffs out of the oven, place them on the sauce and serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar and powdered cinnamon.